Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baby Shelby's Arrival Begins, Just not the way we thought it would.

  • So I head to the doctor yesterday, hoping, wishing, and praying that I would be dialated and the doc would send me to the hospital and we'd have our new baby girl. That is how Taylor came into this world, so I just hoped for a similar story with Shelby.

  • I get to the doctor and they do all the routine stuff and my blood pressure is WAY TOO HIGH! Like 170/100...Scary High. The doctor checks me, I am 4-5 cm 60% effaced. He says he's going to admit me, but run blood work before inducing me. They wanted to make sure that I did not have pre-eclampsia, which could possibly mean C-section for me.

  • So, other than the extremely high blood pressure (which was scary) everything seemed to be running a very similar course to Taylor's arrival. I was very excited! Daniel meets me at the hospital, they hook me up, I have good 4-5 minute apart contractions for a good hour (then they kind of subside), they take my blood, and we waited.

  • The results were great, my blood pressure had gone down to normal, I was thinking, okay, induce me then. They had other plans. Plans to make me miserable....they were going to "observe" me through the night and, possibly, induce me in the morning. Great...

  • Needless to say, Daniel and I had the worst night of sleep ever, the hospital was noisy, we were in a labor and delivery room and babies were born throughout the night next door to us (which can be quite noisy), the nurses station was so close to our door I think I know every detail of many of the nurses day/night. And just so you know, the ladies working the late late shift really like their jobs....they couldn't stop cutting up and laughing....REALLY LOUDLY! =)

  • 6:30 comes with a litttle less than an hour of sleep. The nurse takes my blood again, results are great. My doctor happens to be at the hospital delivering another baby and stops in to tell me that he is going to send me home....
  • WHAT?!?! Are you kidding?
  • No, he was definitely NOT kidding. And I'm thinking, I am 5 cm, I am having some contractions, I am already here in a delivery room, and you are sending me home? He also informs us that if I do not go into "full blown" labor on my own he has scheduled an induction on Thursday morning at 6AM.

  • What difference in the world is less than 2 days going to make? I guess we'll see...
    So, here I sit at home. Just waiting for Shelby's arrival to "really" begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones