Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The bonding of sisters...

Sisters, brothers, siblings...it's really something I know nothing about. So watching my girls play and love on each other is absolutely amazing to me and my love for them has increased ten-fold. When we were a family of 3, I knew I loved Taylor with everything in me, but after adding Shelby I love Taylor so much more. Sounds crazy doesn't it? But I swear my love for taylor intensified, multiplied, just grew... I see her love Shelby and my heart literally swells, if you have loved anything or anyone more than yourself you know that feeling...it is so hard to describe. I feel like my heart could just burst for all the love inside. And for Shelby, my love grows everyday, especially now that I see her look at Taylor for approval to laugh or cry (example: Daniel will play with Shelby by "surprising" her when he knocks ont he table loudly at dinner. There have been a few times when he has caught her so off guard she doesn;t know whether to laugh or to cry. She'll immediately look to Taylor to find out how she is reacting...of course Taylor is always laughing and Shelby's trembling little lip will curve into the sweetest smile as she begins to laugh.)

To sum it up...the love they have for each other makes my love for them so much stronger.


When it comes to bonding I guess I just hope that I am teaching them how to love one another and how to appreciate each other. I didn't grow up with siblings around (I do have a half brother but he never lived with me and the most we saw each other was every other weekend, maybe. He is also about 11 years younger than me.), so raising them to not be the siblings that hate each other and be the ones that love, love, love is a lesson that is completely foreign to me.

I don't know what it's like to
  1. fight over stuff (some call that spoiled, I am not sure I really like that term, but I guess that's what it is)
  2. have a sibling to share secrets with (maybe I don't want them to know how to do that either)
  3. have someone stick up for me when I'm in trouble
  4. know there is someone else who feels the same as me about my mom or dad. (for them hopefully it will always be a feeling of great love and admiration =)  )
The list is really endless...so how do I teach them to share, confide in one another, stick up for the other, etc. when I've never been there myself?
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones