Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Was it a BIG mistake?

This is all I have been thinking since Thursday afternoon that and DO NOT GIVE THEM BACK...


So I have known for quite a while (like a year) that we had to get rid of Taylor's paci addiction...which has only been at nap and at bedtime, not sure if that makes it better or not, but it makes me feel better  =0)

I had a friend who , when getting rid of her daughter's, she took her to "Build A Bear" and they put them inside a bear she picked out and everything was wonderful. (imagine fluffy clouds, sweet music, butterflies...etc.) I thought that sounded like a great idea talked it up to Taylor (she never caught on to the idea) and then ...

I was off for the summer and decided no, I just want to take them away, she doesn't need a fluffy story or a bear she can hold....

now, I wish maybe that I hadn't decided that...we'll see.

Thursday we went to swim lessons at noon and headed back to the house. We came in and while Taylor sat at the table eating lunch, I put Shelby down for a nap, or so Taylor thought...HeHe...I took a detour into Taylor's room and took the paci's...no better time to take them away, I thought, (I have begun to really question my thinking lately, I am not really sure that thinking was even involved)


Nap was GREAT, really. About 5 minutes of whinning and then sweet dreams. Bedtime Thursday was a little longer on the whinning/crying, but overall not bad. I thought, this is going to be wonderful...

I was WRONG! Friday through Sunday she did not take a nap...at all. We had places to go in the afternoon so I was not able to make her stay in the bed until she went to sleep.

So on Monday I decided she'd stay until she realized she must take a nap. So my child sang, played, changed clothes (like 5 times) cried, screamed, etc. from 2:30 - 5:00. and Finally went to sleep... I went in every 20 minutes or so to check on her. Mostly she was up playing or changing clothes. Anything instead of sleeping. Monday night was fine.

Today was another nap battle. She went down around 1:40 and immediately began singing the ABC's over the monitor (cute...atleast for the first few verses). Then the singing became playing and I went in and told her to take her nap. She pretty much stayed in the bed, which was a change from yesterday. Then about 2:30 she began knocking on her door...Oh dear!

When I opened the door she had said she went to the potty. And she did, in her pants...UGGGH! Of course it was a plot to not take a nap. After cleaning her up, giving her a good talking to, and a little pop on the bootie, she was back in the bed and asleep within 5 minutes.

I am not sure how many days I can take... at least there seems to be a trend (after 2 days) of the time it takes for sleep to occur is shortening. Monday it took 2.5 hours and Today took about 1 hour. So maybe, just maybe, the trend will continue. Here's to hoping and praying!

(but secretly, I really want to give the paci's back to her and deal with it another day...like a year from now)
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones