Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

To give in...

I gave up, I caved, admitted defeat, surrendered, conceded, submitted, gave up, quit, threw in the towel, ...and so on and so forth!


No paci at nap was turning my wonderful 2 year old into ... not a wonderful 2 year old (I was going to call her some name and figured I'd regret it later so "not wonderful 2 year old" will do)
I decided I'd give her paci back which didn't change a thing. Great.

She still wouldn't nap and I'd let her win the paci battle.

So I sat her down yesterday (yeah, she does well with this most of the time) and talked to her before nap time...I explained that the paci's were really gone and I was sorry I confused her, but that she was a big girl who did not need a paci at all. I got her in the bed, kisses and hugs, and explained that I would not be coming back in until she took her nap. And guess what? She slept...for 2 hours. Coincidence? Maybe, but wow I was so excited. Next test was bedtime would she be up until 10 or later? (We have been dealing with late night Taylor for almost a week now...) I told her the same thing, that I would not be coming back and she was asleep within 15 minutes...another coincidence...I hope not!

Today at nap I repeated that I would not be coming back and got another 2 hour nap! YAY!

To sum it up...I don't think taking the paci away bothered her sleep, I think it was a phase that happened to coincide with me taking the paci's. Now we are on track...I hope...to good naps and great bedtimes again.

I'll update later on this, hopefully to express my excitement of continued no paci success!
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones